Friday, August 10, 2007

Hoping for good news on Monday

Monday Kelly has an appointment with Dr Curran to talk about the results of the MRI. He still has redness and swelling...not sure what is up. We will post news as soon as we know. Hoping he will be back on the trail soon.

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Still at a standstill for the moment

Hello to all who anxiously await any news of the continuation of the trail hike! We are waiting too! Kelly's leg is not fractured (we do thank God for that!) and it doesn't seem to be shin splints! After xrays (by the way good ol brother Larry went to Vermont to get them!) , bone scans, an appointment with Dr. Curran (orthopedic) it does not look broken but rather perhaps an infection in the soft tissue. After 3 doses of an antibiotic, the swelling and redness is much better and kel walked today to test it out. So far so good. He is still scheduled for an MRI tomorrow morning to see what is causing this and exactly what it is. Exactly what? who knows, but all is not lost! If everything comes together he may be back on trail!!! We are so excited. He says that he wants to be where God wants him to be, so please keep that in your prayers! More later after the MRI tomorrow at 9:30 AM.

STICKMANS' JOURNAL...8/3/07...Friday... My Brothers' Larry and Bill came to Bennington to pick us up today, but not before I had a massive breakfast at the Blue Benn. We had a pleasant trip back to Maine, although my leg is very painful and swollen. Good to see family again... Home sweet Home, and still feeling so Blessed! Please pray for quick recovery, and speedy return to the trail! Later!

God's Blessings on you all!