Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dr appointment Monday

Kelly has his next appointment on Monday to see if he can resume the trail. We are hoping that he will be able to start out wed or thursday...haven't heard from David to know how he is doing....more later!

STICKMANS' JOURNAL...8/4/07 to 8/22/07... Hi everybody! It has been an interesting stretch of days... I had thought that I might have shin splints, but... no. Maybe a stress fracture... no. It was an infection in my shin. Who'd of thought!?! I had thought that the hike was finished, but after an x-ray, a bone scan, and an MRI, it was decided that I had an infection, and ended up on antibiotics. I questioned the Doctor on this... How could it be? I don't even have a scratch on my leg! He laughed, and said, "As dirty as you people are on the trail, it could have been something as small as a puncture from a raspberry thorn!". I had to laugh, because I really hadn't considered that. Although we try to be clean on the trail, there really isn't such a thing as "cleanliness" out there. So... looks like I have the opportunity to go back out on the trail! Please keep me in prayer as I venture back out, and pray for Cari, as she continues to work, and handle everything at home.

Faithful ventured back on the trail 1 1/2 weeks ago, and we wish him well, praying for his safety and a happy hike. Would you include him in your prayers too? Thanks!

I will be praying for God to Bless all of YOU! G'night!

Stickman

No comments: