Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ready, set, re-focus!

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all having a stellar day! Mine has been OK... not stellar, but definitely OK!

I really did have a pretty good day. Work went fine, busy and productive. I got to make a couple of deliveries North, up Rt 201, to Bingham, and to South Solon. The mountains were astoundingly beautiful, and seen clearly on this bright, sunny day. I reflected on many things during this trip North... that it was definitely a warm day, easily in the 50's... that I might get the snowshoes on this Saturday, and Cari and I might venture up this way, take a hike on the trail. I thought, gee, I just might make it through the Winter/Spring season of chilly weather on the last 30 or 40 gallons of fuel oil in the tank! I sure hope so, as this Maine Winter has really sapped our pocketbook... and speaking of sap... the maple trees are producing quite well. I don't tap, but several of our friends do, and I pray they have an abundance of maple syrup and sweet memories, as they get together to "boil down" the sap. As I made my way down the road, on my delivery, I glanced across a small field to see an older (older than me) lady gathering from several trees she had tapped, and she was lugging a lot of sap! ... So, I then got to thinking about what I would do AFTER work. Hmmm... had to feed my brothers' bird, as he and his wife are on vacation. Then coat a couple of ScriptureSticks... let the dog out, feed her... so nice out, maybe I could rake the yard a little, in the patches where the snow has retreated. ...

Of course, I did all of those things when I got home, then decided to treat myself to a couple of "Girl Scout Cookies", and check my mail.

Well, there was an e-mail from a dear friend, a fella I used to work with in North Carolina. He e-mails me on occasion, and I love to know that he still thinks of me. Anyway, he had sent along an e-mail that you are supposed to "pass along". They are often times pretty good, and I sometimes do forward them, but mostly I am not in the habit of sending them to everyone I know. Yes!... I am the guy who always seems to break the chain! On the bright side, nothing bad has happened to me for not forwarding! .... yet... I am going to share it with you all, just because. It may not make any difference in your lives, but it may make a difference for someone. Here goes...

"Dear Lord, I thank You for this day,

I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning. I'm blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me.

Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you.

I ask now for Your forgiveness. Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude.

Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You. Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things

Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over. And help me give the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits.

I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart. Continue to use me to do Your will.

Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak...

Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others.

I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way.

I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood.

I pray for those who don't know You intimately.

I pray for those that will delete this without sharing it with others.

I pray for those that don't believe.

But I thank you that I believe that God changes people and God changes things. I pray for all my sisters and brothers. For each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace , love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met. I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than God! Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight.

I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees it.
God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!
Just repeat this phrase and see how God moves!!"

For me, it made a difference because a friend thought of me, and thought that it's content would make a difference for me... it DID! Although today was OK,tomorrow will be even better, as I re-focus!...

Thank you, Randy, for the encouragement! God Bless you, and God Bless all of the rest of you, too!

Stickman

No comments: