Saturday, March 28, 2009

Walking in a fog...

Good morning everybody!

I have been itching to get out on the Appalachian Trail up here in Maine, and it looks like THIS might be the weekend for it. ...maybe... I hope.

The weather report "promised" some decent weather, warm, partly sunny, etc., and I planned to take advantage. There is still a considerable amount of snow on the ground, being as it is only March 28, so the plan of the day includes snowshoes. Hmm... funny how your mind can bounce around... "snowshoes" makes me think of the following scripture... "Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip. Psalm 18:36". I sure am thankful that the Lord DOES widen my path, as I am very prone to slipping and stumbling!

So... I am up, almost ready to go, and it is NOT sunny out there. In fact, I can't see. It is foggy. As to degree of fogginess, it is beyond foggy and foggier, and may, in fact be rated foggiest. I guess that would be an F3 FOG on the fogginess scale! That has not dampened my spirits, nor altered my plan to hike. Although, my hike plan may be altered. I will not hurry the morning, to go walking in a fog. Instead, the plan is to pace myself and pray, that as I make my way to the trailhead, the fog will burn off. ...

Gotta finish up, get moving, drink some coffee, and push the fog out of my half awake mind. Time to think about hiking. Perhaps I will find some sun on the way uptrail at Bigelow Mtn. ...

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5+6"

God Bless you on your path,

Stickman

No comments: