Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Little Steps and Giant Leaps, Giant Steps and Little Leaps

Hello to You!

As I sat this morning, generally just passing time, and occasionally having a thought, I began to contemplate the journey I'm on. As many of you know, I am a recent graduate of Open Heart Surgery, Class of 2011. The Ceremony was performed on October 21st, 2011, and consisted of a quadruple bypass, rectifying troubles caused by seven major blockages. It is now three months, three days post-graduation, and I am looking not only at the path I have travelled, but at the path before me. As with any Graduate, Diploma in hand, and stepping out on a new path, there is much excitement!

The path of my life has been navigated by taking little steps and giant leaps... interspersed with a few giant steps, little leaps, and quite a few stumbles, tumbles, and falls. It's kind of like traversing the infamous "Mahoosuc Notch" in Western Maine. That stretch of the 2,175 mile Appalachian Trail is considered by many to be the toughest mile of the AT!

Although I would sometimes prefer to travel at a faster pace, I am well aware of the dangers of "being in a rush". For now, I will take little steps, and little leaps... and when the opportunities present themselves, I will take a giant step or two, and build my strength and confidence to achieve a couple of giant leaps, when the right time comes!

I look down the path ahead of me... looks like I may be returning to the workplace soon, if only for light work and part time. It looks like better trail a few miles out, though! Rehabilitation is going along nicely, and by Springtime, I look to be working full time again. The Winter months have treated me kindly thus far, allowing me to venture outside, safely, for many long walks. I may be able to do a little hiking in the Bigelow Range, come better weather!

Strength is building, and when I look down the path, I still see my dreams...

I pray that you still see your dreams, too, when you look down your path. Trust in the Lord, no matter the path set before you. Remember, it's okay to take little steps and little leaps. The giant steps, and giant leaps can best be achieved when holding His hand...

"Our hearts had not turned back;our feet had not strayed from your path." Psalm 44:18

As always, I pray God's Blessings on you, and also on your path... may it be be free of stumbles, tumbles, and falls.

Stickman

No comments: