Monday, February 6, 2012

Wishing for some walking...

Good evening Friends!

I thought I would stop for a quick minute to give an update on the goings-on around here. Everything is looking up these days, and I hope it is the same for you.

My health continues to improve, and I feel strength being restored. I continue at my Rehab sessions, three mornings a week. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays find me up at 4:00AM, to enjoy a light breakfast, then head off to my 6:00AM Rehab. I am told by my Rehab Nurse, Heidi, that I am achieving my goals ahead of schedule!

Heidi DID frown, however, at my suggestion of my heading South next month with Johnny "4Iron" Male, to do a week or two on the Appalachian Trail. I am SO wishing for some walking... you know... There is nothing more health restoring, (in my mind...), than a pleasant hike on the A.T.! Heidi is of the opinion that I need to BE a little healthier before I attempt to GET healthier!?! I think she is afraid I might die in the woods, alone... which I wouldn't find to be a BAD way to go! I figured it might take the edge off for her, if I tagged along with a friend, but I guess dying in the woods with a FRIEND is not really acceptable to her, either. I guess her primary goal is to keep me alive. I will have to learn to be a good patient, and be patient...

Great news! God is good, and cares for us, if we let him! My family, friends, (and my Church family and friends), have taken care of me and my family in such a loving way. We did the best we could these last four months, tightening up the spending, lowering the thermostat, reducing our driving, and more. Then, we gave it to God! We have been behind financially, but have never been without! I will not "name names", but I thank all of you, your kindnesses have overwhelmed.

My best friend called the other night. He has been there for me, always. When I ended up in the Hospital, he called me. He told me that he would come to Maine, immediately! The exclamation punctuation of the preceding sentence is warranted, as he lives in Florida, and would, indeed, have headed right off to Maine. I had to beg him not to come home, assuring him that his thoughts and prayers would suffice. He has been faithful in calling me, offering up encouragement, and entertaining me. He gave me good hope.

His call to me the other night was much enjoyed, as usual. We talked a lot, of things we would do together when he makes his trip to Maine this Summer, and of the other adventures we would like to take on someday. We talked of my health, and the great news that I had returned to work, (kind of). I was so happy when my employer offered up some "light duty" work, at one of his other stores! I have completed my first week of work, and all is well... when payday comes, I can start helping with the bills! My friend offered up a financial gift, to help us get back on level ground, but I begged him not to. God has been so good, and now, I can not only help pay the bills, it is time to start giving to those less fortunate...

I have wandered a bit tonight... but I think my point was to give an update, relating my happiness to Gods' Goodness, rejoicing in the wonderful people that He places in our lives... and, oh yeah... let you know how much I was wishing I was walking!

May your trails be straight and crooked, walked alone, or with a friend, and always travelled with God as your Guide.

Blessings, in abundance...

Stickman

No comments: